If there has ever been a food that I would never want to miss on, then it’s coconut, or to be more exact, extra virgin coconut oil. The health benefits of this food are nothing short but miraculous. The benefits of it are almost limitless. It plays a crucial part when it comes to provide the health of nails, hairs and skin. Moreover, it diminishes varicose veins and cellulites, functions as a antifungal and antibacterial product to treat small cuts, strengthens the immune system, promotes bone health, lowers cholesterol just to name a few of its benefits. These benefits are only the tip of the iceberg. Read on to discover the awesomeness of this really paradisiac food.
“Nowadays, it seems that everyone is talking about coconut oil, they use it for hair, teeth, for skin issues, for weight loss and many, many more. What is best about it all is that it is all true!
Yes, we could have used before as well, but it had a quite bad reputation, as it was regarded unhealthy since it consists of over 90% saturated fat. Yet, this fat is actually really useful, and it is high in nutrients, has powerful antioxidant properties and promotes the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.This amazing oil soothes and moisturizes the skin, and can have fabulous effects for your hair. Coconut oil is extremely effective and completely safe for use. This article will show that its uses are simply endless.This is all that coconut oil can do for you:
Body and Skincare
You can use cosmetic grade oil or fractionated coconut oil, which has the oil’s long-chain triglycerides removed, and contains only the medium-chain triglycerides. It is remarkable for DIY cosmetic treatments as it has long shelf life and improved stability. Moreover, it has a powerful antioxidant effect, does not clog the pores and prevents aging and protects the skin.
These are the 101 uses of coconut oil:
1.Moisturizes the skin: Coconut oil can substitute the regular lotion you use. You can safely use it for the entire body and if mixed with essential oils, it has strong aromatherapy effects. Apply it on the skin and leave it for a minute to try, and the skin will be amazing.
2. Reduces Wrinkles: Apply some coconut oil to the facial lines and wrinkles in order to rehydrate, soften the skin, and improve its texture.
3. Face Mask: The following homemade facial mask will cleanse your skin and leave it a healthy glow: mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey and one tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply it to the face and leave it to act for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with warm water.
4. Puffy Eyes: Apply some coconut oil around your eyes before going to sleep, and you will successfully reduce the puffiness.
5. Shaving Cream: Coconut oil can successfully replace your shaving cream. It helps the skin stand up straight, and it moisturizes it at the same time.
6. Aftershave: Coconut oil helps the skin heal from razor burn and it has strong soothing effects.
7. Boost Hair Growth: This remarkable oil can reduce the hair breakage and will strengthen the hair.
8. Conditioner: Coconut oil will repair the dry and split hair ends, moisturize the scalp, and enhance the hair quality. In a small container, add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and place the entire container in a bigger one, full with water warmer than 76 degrees, in order to soften the oil.
Apply this treatment on a damp hair, and massage. Comb the hair and wrap it in a towel. Leave it thus for an hour, and then wash it off using some shampoo and water.
9. Eliminate Dandruff: Use coconut oil just like you use a conditioner, but leave it during the night and wash the hair the next morning in order to get rid of the flakes.
10. Protect Hair from Sun: Using your fingers, apply some coconut oil on your scalp and hair, and then comb in order to add some frizz control and a layer of sun protection.
11. Detangle Hair: Coconut oil can help you detangle the hair in a completely painless way. Apply some oil on a damp hair, leave it for several minutes and comb through tangles.
12. Lip Balm: Especially in dry weather, coconut oil moistens and treats the cracked lips, and protects them against sun damage. Use it in a solid form, and apply it just like you apply your regular lip balm.
13.Exfoliate Your Face. The following scrub will eliminate dead skin cells and dirt, and will significantly enhance your complexion. Mix baking soda and coconut oil in a ratio 1:1.
14.Exfoliating Body Scrub: Coconut oil can be an excellent face and body scrub. Simply melt a cup of coconut oil. Add 2-4 tablespoons of white or brown sugar to it, and put the mixture in the fridge. As soon as it is completely cool, slice off a piece and use it to exfoliate your body after being dampened with water. Rinse and apply some moisturizing cream.
15.Exfoliate Your Feet: Scrub the soles of your feet with the following mixture: Mix coconut oil with coarse sea salt in a 1:2 ratio.
16.Exfoliate Your Lips: Remove the dead skin on the lips and soften them by combining a teaspoon of coconut oil and 2 teaspoons of brown sugar or raw sugar.
17.Lotion Bar: Mix a cup each of coconut, beeswax, and shea butter in a mason jar with a lid and put in a saucepan of water. Boil the water in order to melt the ingredients, and then remove the jar from heat. Now add a teaspoon of Vitamin E oil and stir until you get a homogeneous mixture. Pour it into molds and leave to cool. Pop them out of the molds and use. This will successfully moisturize your skin.
18.Makeup Remover: Coconut oil safely breaks down the makeup and wipes it off easily and quickly, preventing irritation at the same time. Using your fingers, apply some oil on the face and massage in a circular motion. Rinse with water.
19.Cheekbone Highlighter: After you apply your makeup, add some coconut oil on the cheekbones to highlight them.
20.Massage Oil: Its strong antioxidant and moisturizing properties make it perfect to relax the muscles and enhance your skin.
21.Deodorant: Coconut oil can help you make your own natural deodorant.
Mix a cup each of coconut, beeswax, and shea butter in a mason jar with a lid and put in a saucepan of water. Boil the water in order to melt the ingredients, and then remove the jar from heat. Add 3 tablespoons of baking soda, and ½ cup of arrowroot powder, stir and pour the mixture into molds until it is completely cool.
22.Soften Elbows: Rub some coconut oil twice a day on your elbows in order to soften them and to treat the dry and cracked skin.
23.Heal Cracked Heels: Being a natural moisturizer, coconut oil can treat and soften the cracked heels and prevent future cracking.
24.Reduce Cellulite: Apply some coconut oil on cellulite. You will get the desired results in several months.
25.Bath Oil: Coconut oil can be directly applied to the skin to refresh it and protect it. Yet, you can also make some great bath melts and drop them in the tub:
Heat a cup of coconut oil on low for 1-2 minutes and add 15 drops of essential oils to it. Stir, pour the mix into molds and leave it to cool. As soon as it is cooled, pop the mixture out and drop them in your bath. They will dissolve and will provide a wonderful relaxing experience. Keep the rest of the bath melts in a cool place.
26.Nail and Cuticle Treatment: Rub some oil into your nail cuticles before going to sleep, and this will soften them and will stimulate the nail growth.”
Read the full article at Healthy Food House!