If you happen to love pizza and are looking for a an easy and extremely delicious vegan pizza recipe, then the following vegan pizza recipe might be exactly what you have been looking for. It’s mouthwatering, ready in less than twenty minutes and fits perfectly for a lunch break or supper. Just follow the instructions below and you will rewarded with a flavor that is matchless. Enjoy!
“Easy and so delicious, this delightful pizza cuts corners (and calories) by using a whole-grain sandwich wrap instead of pizza dough. The result is a crisp crust, topped with a mouthwatering combination of toppings, ready to eat in less than 20 minutes. Ideal to serve for a quick lunch or light supper.
• 1 10-inch whole-grain sandwich wrap or tortilla
• 2 to 3 tablespoons low-fat prepared marinara sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
• 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach, washed and dried
• 4 green queen olives with pimento, sliced (see note)
• 10 to 12 slices vegan pepperoni, or 4 very thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
• 1/3 cup shredded vegan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Put the sandwich wrap on a large baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread the marinara sauce over the wrap, in an even layer, leaving a slight margin around the edge for a “crust.” Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and crushed pepper over the sauce. Top with the baby spinach, pressing it down to make it more compact.
3 Top with the olives, vegan pepperoni (or mushrooms) and vegan cheese (optional). Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until crust is crisp and toppings are heated through. Cut into wedges and serve.
Chef’s Note: Pitted Kalamata olives may be used in place of the green olives.
Amount per serving, based on 2 servings: 167 Calories; 4g Fat; 0g Saturated fat; 8g Protein; 357mg Sodium; 25g Total Carbohydrate; 3g Sugars; 5g Fiber
Amount per serving, with optional vegan cheese: 226 Calories; 8g Fat; 2g Saturated fat; 9g Protein; 522mg Sodium; 29g Total Carbohydrate; 3g Sugars; 6g Fiber
Recipe taken from Laura Theodore’s Vegan-Ease. Reproduced by kind permission. Photo by Laura Theodore.”