I really love corncobs. It has always been this way. I mean it. However, the way Susan Voisin prepares it makes me really melt away. She has found a way to replace the traditional mayo and cheese with an extremely delicious sauce that you can literally put on almost on anything. After trying this sauce out you will not want to miss on it whenever you eat corncrob again.
“I’ve seen a lot of recipes lately for Mexican Street Corn, which looks beautiful, but since I’ve been vegan since the Dark Ages, I’ve never tasted. Traditional recipes involve mayo and cheese, but I thought it would be delicious to slather corn in a spicy, limey, vaguely cheesy, vegan sauce, so I did a little experimentation until I found a concoction I loved. The best news is you can put this sauce on anything to liven it up, so feel free to drizzle it on your potatoes and veggies or even toss it with some pasta. Anything goes.
This spicy, tangy sauce is also delicious on baked potatoes and other vegetables. I like the nutty flavor and Omega 3’s that hemp seeds give it, but if you don’t have them, pine nuts are a close substitute.
- 4 ears corn, shucked and rinsed
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts (may substitute pine nuts, sesame seeds, or sunflower seeds if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon brown rice flour (I haven’t tested with other flours)
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Garnishes: Minced cilantro or parsley, chopped jalapeno or other hot peppers, lime wedges, and/or chipotle powder/smoked paprika”
To read the rest of the article, check it out on the original source over at Susan Voisin